Friday, February 3, 2012

Ponies, Purple, and Me

So basically the deal is this.  I fucking love the color purple.
Like, I know it's the "gay" color.  Tinkie-Winkie or however you spell his name was the gay Teletubby, right?  Big purple one with the triangle thingy on his head?  I remember in high school, everyone called him gay.  Whatever.  The point is Purple is a pretty boss color.

Unfortunately, I also have the added affliction of being a Brony.
I'm a brony, and I am proud.
Yes.  I am a 24 year old male who watches My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, every Saturday on the Hub.  Well, specifically on youtube because I'm lame and don't get the Hub, but I wasn't going to bitch about free cable.
The show is pretty well written, and Lauren Faust has this miracle tendency to take theses concepts most writers would push for kids and make them so freakin' boss that a massive variety of audiences watch them.  (see: Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends for reference)

Basically the point is this:  Because I am a huge proponent of this amazing show, and my favorite color is purple, I have this amazing tendency to "ping on the ol' gaydar" as my friend Bill once put it.  People are convinced that my girlfriend is a fantastic cover-up for my secret gay life.

All of this tends to be exacerbated by the fact that, thanks to some quirk of genetics and the environmental stimuli I was bombarded with throughout my formative years, I have a tendency to be a bit flamboyant and or dramatic.  Perhaps a little feminine.  So By these powers combined I wind up getting confused for a homosexual.  And believe me, I am not upset with the gay community.  In fact, I pity them because, really, anyone that gets lumped in a category with me deserves the universal pity of all.

I mean really.  Have you even read this post? I like ponies and purple.  What kind of heterosexual male DOES that?

~I also feel obligated to add that these were just my first 2 posts, and I fully intend to make them longer in the end.  Think, like... uh.... Ally Brosh, with hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com.  (pretty epic read, I'd check it out if I was you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment